Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Damn Peonies

Each time I see a peony, I secretly want to hate it. They are over used, over bright, and over beautiful. Let me stress that last bit again. THEY ARE SO GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL. Uggh. They are more perfect than a small baby unicorn. 

My mother brought up at least four bunches when she came to visit me two weeks ago. They were scattered around the house, making our old warn down wood floors look sparkly and romantic, they transformed our kitchen into something out of a Martha Stewart magazine, and made our bathroom look like a freaking garden.

Well, due to laziness, and a bit of curiosity... (okay mostly laziness) I let them dry in their multiple vases around the house. Until today. I took one look at them in their vase, expecting them to be wilted, and brown... and scowled. Of course. If there's one flower that could look even better dried than fresh is would be these gals. 

So, instead fighting it any longer, I let them just do their thing. I picked them out of the water, scattered them on that dirty floor and took some photos of them just doing their thing. Damn peonies. You got me again.











No comments:

Post a Comment