Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Building A Portfolio



Each weekend I have been exploring the budding possibility of a future with flowers. It is a scary thing, chasing my dream. Yet, each time I walk into a floral shop, or explore the neighborhood for greenery I can tell I am getting closer. To what? I'm not sure. All I know is that each vase I purchase from a thrift store feels like an investment, and each flower that I end up purchasing more enticing than spending my money on booze or food. 

And so since I got back up to Eugene after Christmas, I dream each week of the perfect composition, the lighting, and the mood. And then spend either Saturday, or Sunday enraptured in trying to build on my possessed skills, and learn from the surrounding spaces. 
The other weekend, I turned on music and began the journey into creating a wild masterpiece... halfway through, I decided that I wanted more time with each sprig, and so, I took the entire thing out and began again. I could continue doing this forever.
The amount that I have to learn, and the endless possibilities of where this fascination for flowers could take me is daunting. Yet, each second I spend creating something beautiful, I feel a little bit more alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment