Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Holiday Wreaths

When I was a young girl, my mother and her friends would get together in the winter to create wonderful wreath masterpieces as us children ran around the farm, muddy, naked and laughing. As young farmers all interested in making profit as well as beauty, this group of women found the perfect outlet in creating holiday wreaths to sell at farmers markets. The "Wreath Room" on our farm is to this day, one of my favorite spots to create. Filled to the brim with memories, and hanging flowers, it craves for your imagination to be set free for a couple of hours. This December, I worked on a few holiday wreath pieces to give away, as well as to decorate my parents house. There is nothing quite like exploring a chilly farm, searching for the right ingredients to incorporate into a holiday hanging. I used frost-bitten citrus, sweet rosemary, mistletoe, berries, and countless other ingredients to make one of the most massive wreaths ever. While I don't believe that wreaths should just be a seasonal product, (just two weeks ago I made a wreath for my roommates door) it was fun to crank up the Christmas tunes, and share some some sweet moments with my mother as we created beauty in the holiday season.
The Wreath Room



No comments:

Post a Comment