Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Flowers for Men

I do not think that flowers are a simple "fad" 
They will not be just another spring collection that is forgotten once summer arrives. 
Floral prints are a constant within fashion. 
They are a constant within art. 
Because
They are a constant within consumerism. 
Cut flowers make up a 40 billion dollar industry that continues to grow in terms of national and local development.  
Yet as a sociologist, and hopeful business owner, I have to notice that my demographics
Are glaringly gendered. 

I want to change that. 

And to change it, means posing and answering these questions first.
Why is it that flowers are feminine?
Why is it that floral prints make up the majority of females spring fashion but are lacking within mens wear?
Why is it that the majority of men do not buy flowers for their homes?
Why is it that this industry is based and backed off of the big bucks of high class females? 
Well...Where the heck do I start? 
I'll start here:
I SAY, LET THEM HAVE FLOWERS. 
FLOWERS. 
FLORAL.
BLOSSOMS.
BLOOMS.
FOR ALL. 
FOR EVERYONE
Because, well... because why the fuck not? 
Men deserve them too. 
 Giulio. By Eivind Hansen. Beards and flowers.l'ortodimichelle: it's springtime! Flower beard
#dssummerparty, dress it up with a floral tie(:like at this point I don't even care. get on my bdy. 

 pretty flowers! love these colors together.
All Images from Pintrest. Feel free to follow me to explore more pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment