Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grapes and green

 During the summer, the farm always reaches a point where one can easily just become increasingly overwhelmed with options. One day, you wake up and realize that you have at least 80 types of tomatoes to choose from, 15 melons to cut and taste, and four types peaches that may just tickle your fancy. It's during this time where it is easiest to corner yourself into what you know. If you are anything like me, instead of branching out, you find yourself making cucumber tomato salad for every meal, a zinnia and sunflower arrangement every day, and a delightfully plain slice of melon greets you in the morning. All of these become your staple without much thought. It takes more effort to try it all. To remember that the nectarines are also ripening on the vine, the figs are darkening on their branches, and the grapes... well the grapes are just invigorated with flavor and color. It's hard not to let it slip through your mind, the cracks or your tongue. This week I had off I made it my goal to get messy with those things I may not have even noticed. But, because there is just SO MUCH to choose from... I had to narrow it down a bit. On a little walk around the farm, I noticed the magical place on our farm where the blackberries, willow tree and grapes all meet. I got so inspired by just these colors, and sights that I decided to do a purple themed arrangement. This is what I came up with.





No comments:

Post a Comment