Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

clippers and florals

The best thing about being back at the farm is bringing a pair of clippers in my back pocket where ever I please.
 When I was at school in Oregon, I kept a pair in my backpack because I was afraid of students or strangers thinking I may be armed for any other reason other than stealing neighborhood flowers. When I slyly pulled them out to clip the occasional rose or lavender sprig, I would have to do so with one eye over my shoulder and then quickly shove them back into the black hole of my backpack before continuing on my way. Here at Full Belly, it is completely normal to walk around with a pair of rusted clippers in your faded and scuffed pants or shorts pocket. And that, in its self is enough to make me stay here. Forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment