Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Last days in Eugene

The last weeks in Eugene my knees shook with fear, nervousness, and excitement. I no longer had the comfort of the thought "I can always do it next week". I was overcome with the intense feeling... I wanted to finally do it all. I wanted to pick every flower I could, I wanted to snuggle with my cat, I wanted to drink all the wine, laugh with my roommates, and remember this place as what is had been: a place for learning. Of all types. If it had not have been for the University of Oregon, the Urban Garden, my incredible roommates and friends, I honestly do not think I would have wondered back down the rows of flowers, and picked the wildflowers. I would not have been able to find the inspiration without their help. The last two weeks at school were perfect. I sat in the sun, I saw my old friends, I made new ones, I danced, I giggled and picked and prepared the perfect amount of flowers to feel complete.









No comments:

Post a Comment